Thursday, October 29, 2009

dreaming... livingroom

So now that I'm going to have a living room that is MINE, how shall I decorate it. The living room, dining room and kitchen are all open to each other so I need ideas that can go throughout. This is what I'm currently thinking of doing. Let me know your honest opinions.

  • All of the wood (cabinets, floor in the kitchen, dining table, coffee table) is all cherry or dark walnut.

  • My sofa (Candice, aren't you proud that I said sofa, not couch?) is a sage greenish color.

  • The walls will be a bluish gray

  • And then accents such as picture frames, throw pillows, etc will be lighter colors.
Here are a few pictures that I made on the Benjamin Moore site that give you an idea of the colors. I wont use all of those colors on the walls, I just put them on the walls to give you an idea of the colors.


Do you like the lighter blue for the walls (the bottom picture) or the darker blue (from the first two pictures?)

I'm even thinking of getting this fabric for the seat cushions on my dining room chairs. It's bold, but I figure it's a small use of it, so it shouldn't be too much. What do you think?

4 comments:

  1. definitely the darker blue and don't even hesitate with the orange print- love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the darker blue much better and the fabric is very appealling. I've been wanting to draw something simular to this with my style of art of sometime now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would for sure go with the darker blue. And I am in LOVE with the orange print! I would have never thought of that! It will be so pretty! I can't wait to see the finished result!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dark = yes
    Orange = yes
    Happy for you = yes

    ReplyDelete