Friday, November 20, 2009

Tis the Season

It's amazing to me that we are entering into "the holiday season." Here are some things that I am looking forward to.

  • Having family in town. 2 of my Aunts and their families are coming into town for Thanksgiving. It will be fun to see them. (I really really wish my siblings would all be home, but I guess I'll live.)

  • Food!! Pies especially

  • Snowflake Lane is always fun to take the kids too. Will and Mickayla loved it last year.

  • Bellevue Botanical Garden Lights

  • Nutcracker - one of my friends nieces, who I totally love, will be in the PNB Nutcracker this year, so it'll be especially fun to go to. (this is a picture of the beautiful Maddi.)

  • Christmas lights in general. It's been SOOO dark on my drive home lately. It'll be nice to have a bit of cheer in the darkness.

  • Christmas music - I know, I know, not yet. But I'm excited for that time to come.

  • Gifts - I love giving gifts. I love wrapping gifts. I love organizing gifts under the tree. I love recieving gifts. I just love the idea of giving. Not in a monetary way, but in a heartfelt, show people you care about them way.

  • Christmas break off of work! Enough said

  • And probably my favorite... having a child to share Christmas time with! He makes it all much more enchanting.

3 comments:

  1. we were actually listening to christmas music tonight on our way home from seattle. didn't think i was ready for it, but it was nice.

    also, love santa's highwaters in the last picture

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some of my favorite things about the holidays, too. I would also add Mom's mint hot chocolate to the list.

    I was sad to read Nestle's statement today apologizing for for the shortage of Libby's Pumpkin Pie filling this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been listening to Christmas music for a week. Is that bad? Unfortunately, listening to Christmas music, in my head, is directly linked to stuffing my face with fudge, caramel, & divinity. Mmmm...Bring on the holidays.

    p.s. Thats a cute pic of Will. He looks somewhat uneasy :) haha

    ReplyDelete