Thursday, April 8, 2010

more randomness

Some of you may have read this post last year about 25 random things about me. Well I dont have 25 more to share, but I thought maybe I'll give you 5 at a time every once in a while.

1. I find myself counting random things without intending to. Like stairs, or steps to the car from the door. There is no purpose for the counting and once I realize I'm doing it I wonder why I'm doing it, yet I catch myself counting a lot.2. I really really dont like artificial sweeteners. Diet soda = yuck! I can't stand the taste. And they say Coke Zero tastes like regular coke. WRONG. Tastes yucky. I rarely drink soda anyway, but if I do it'll be a chubby coke. And I can taste artificial sweeteners in food as well so dont think you can trick me. Plus, sure they may be less or no calories, but I prefer sugar. My body knows what to do with sugar, it doesn't know what to do with chemicals. And I believe we will someday find out that all of the artificial things we put in our bodies are cancer causing, so I'd like to avoid them for that reason as well.3. Melons make me gag. Watermelon, honeydew, cantaloupe..... gag, gag, gag. The sucky thing is that I want to like them. I still buy watermelon every summer because I like for other people to eat it. People look happy when they eat watermelon. But not me. The closest thing to a melon that I can eat is a cucumber. Cucumbers aren't a melon you say.... well my mouth thinks otherwise. I literally gag if I have a melon, cucumber by it's self has the same reaction. Cucumber smothered in ranch or hummus, I can get down.4. I'm a biter, or more of a nibbler I guess. My favorite thing to bite it my sons buns in jammies. Seriously, when he's climbing up his ladder to get in his bed at night I just can't help myself, I have to get a nibble of those cute jammie buns! Weird thing is I think this is a genetic urge. Weird right? But anyone who knows my Grandma Risenmay knows that she's a biter too. She hugs and kisses everyone, but you know that she really likes you if she gives you a nibble.

5. I love people. Sometimes when they probably dont want or deserve it. I think I smoother them. (Come to think of it, I think I get this from Grandma Risenmay too.) I want people to be happy and I try to make them happy. But I'm learning {slowly} that I can't make people be happy, and that I can show my love but I need to let it happen not force it.

2 comments:

  1. 1. i'm a random counter, too. sometimes i make deals with myself like "if i get to the end of the street in under 100 steps, then that means that my wishes will come true."
    love your pic of the sesame street counting guy

    2. got nothin'

    3. while i love cantaloupe, i am not a big fan of watermelon or honeydew. i can totally understand the texture issue here.

    4. be careful.

    5. is that picture of you and dan?

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fj9Fsyb1g84

    Ok- I'm sorry I couldn't help it. You can delete this after you watch it but when I saw the count I couldn't resist!!!

    ReplyDelete